OIMC was established in November 1991 in Kuala Lumpur. However, OISCA International activities in Malaysia started way back in 1967 when it forged a bilateral cooperation with MARA.
This paved the way for the formulation of human resource development programmes whereby Malaysian youths who are graduates of MARA Vocational Institutes are sent for industrial training in Japan. This was then followed by training in the field of agriculture undertaken by Agencies like Ministry of Youth and Sports and others.
OIMC aims to be a viable Nature-loving organization which is respected, sought after and applauded by domestic and international communities whereas OIMC vission is to fulfil the trust of enriching Nature.
The Organization for Industrial Spiritual and Cultural Advancement International:
- "Industrial" refers to the promotion of agriculture and other primary industries that are fundamental to human existence.
- "Spiritual" does not denote a particular religion but rather the need to nurture qualities such as self-reliance, dedication for one`s own community, international brother-sisterhood and respect for Earth`s ecological integrity on which life is grounded.
- "Cultural" represents the intent to encourage the magnificent cultural diversity that has enriched human life and the universal need to promote cultural patterns such as culture of peace.
OIMC objectives are:
- To promote active involvement and participation of Malaysian Youths in the following areas;-
- Planting and production of crops on commercial basis especially in the rural areas.
- Inculcate the spirit of volunteerism, national consciousness and develop a wholesome attitude towards building a disciplined and progressive Malaysian nation.
- Cultivate a greater interest in the cultural heritage of the nation.
- Promote training and the necessary facilities for the acquisition of skills for industrial, commercial, business and agricultural activities.
- To coordinate all the activities of OISCA International branches in Malaysia.
- To represent Malaysia at all the activities organized by OISCA International of Japan.